Sunday, July 21, 2024
Before Flordell Hills was built in 1939, the area consisted of St. Ann Dairy Farms with corn fields, orchards, chicken houses, barns and buildings for cattle scattered throughout. A creek running under our area going out over Jennings Station Road, ran parallel to West Florissant and College where there was a foot bridge.

Read more: History

In 1939, the post office mailed cards to every resident on Greendale Drive announcing the street would be renamed Galena(because there were approximately 16 Greendales throughout the city and county).

Read more: Greenhaven Drive

Our parks add beauty and interest to our community. Some of the trees were planted as living memorials to our outstanding citizens. The cannon at Memorial Park is a WWI Howitzer than came from France with the approval of President Roosevelt.

Read more: Parks

Login Form